Water activities are enjoyable and exciting, but they can also be dangerous. Accidents can happen, and even strong swimmers can find themselves in trouble.
That’s why always wearing a life jacket or Personal Flotation Device (PFD) when participating in any water-based activity is essential. Old Town life jackets are a great choice, offering both style and comfort in addition to their life-saving capabilities.
Types of Old Town Life Jackets
Old Town offers a range of life jackets to suit different activities and preferences. Here are some of the options available:
- Type III PFDs: These life jackets are suitable for boating, kayaking, and water skiing activities. They are designed to keep wearers vertically and have a minimum buoyancy of 15.5 pounds.
- Type V PFDs: These life jackets are best suited for whitewater rafting and paddle boarding activities. They have a minimum buoyancy of 22 pounds and are designed to be more specific to the action.
- Inflatable PFDs: Old Town offers inflatable life jackets that are lightweight and easy to wear. They are suitable for activities such as fishing and kayaking and have the added benefit of being easy to pack for travel.
Choosing the Right Old Town Life Jacket
When choosing an Old Town life jacket, there are a few factors to consider to ensure you get the right one for your needs:
- Activity: Consider the training you will participate in to determine the type of life jacket you need.
- Fit: Proper fit is essential for a life jacket to work effectively. Use Old Town’s sizing guide to ensure you get the right size.
- Comfort: Make sure the life jacket is comfortable for extended periods.
- “Try Before You Buy” Program: Old Town offers a “Try Before You Buy” program, where you can test out a life jacket before committing to a purchase.
Old Town Inflatable Life Jackets
Inflatable life jackets are a popular option for those who want a lightweight, easy-to-wear life jacket. However, it’s essential to know how to use and maintain them properly:
- Inflation: Ensure you properly inflate the life jacket before heading out on the water.
- Maintenance: Check the life jacket regularly for damage or wear and tear. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for care and storage.
Old Town Life Jackets for Kids
It’s crucial to ensure children wear proper life jackets when participating in water activities. Old Town offers a range of life jackets designed specifically for kids, including:
- Type III PFDs: These life jackets are suitable for most water activities and have a minimum buoyancy of 11 pounds.
- Type II PFDs: These life jackets are designed for calmer waters and have a minimum buoyancy of 7 pounds.
- Sizing: Use Old Town’s sizing guide to ensure you get the right size for your child.
Old Town Life Jackets for Fishing
When fishing, it’s essential to have a life jacket that doesn’t restrict movement and has specific features for fishing safety. Old Town offers life jackets designed for fishing, including:
- Mesh pockets: To store gear and tackle.
- D-ring attachments: To attach tools and accessories.
- High-back design: To provide comfort when sitting in a boat.
Old Town life jackets are an excellent choice for anyone participating in water activities. By considering factors such as activity, fit, and comfort and taking advantage of Old Town’s “Try Before You Buy” program, you can find the right life jacket for your needs. Safety always comes first; wearing a life jacket can make all the difference in an emergency.